'The Entire World Is A Laboratory To The Inquiring Mind' -- Martin Fischer

Friday, February 26, 2010

God Was Always Visible..Its Just That The People Were Blind!!





I was in the middle of a brief siesta in office when I heard one of my colleague say..' We are batting'..I got up and thought 'HE is batting!’ . I quickly logged into cricinfo(our only source for scores) and found that the marathon had already begun. 'Not watching the match live' is the emotion i couldn't resist any more. I convinced my friend to leave the desk early. So here I was at 4 o'clock on my way to my pal’s room to watch HIM bat. At that point of time little did I know that this would be one of the best decisions i had taken. While on his bike many thoughts crossed my mind. 'What if HE becomes a victim of nervous 90's before we reach there?' ‘No way has he already conquered the nervous 90’s syndrome - I reassured myself. These very thoughts reiterated why this game is called 'The Game Of Glorious Uncertainties'. But within all these uncertainties, deep in my mind, I knew that one thing was certain - The GOD was with us.!

When we reached there, HE was batting on 96. I saw HIM bat with brutal determination which was surely missed when HE was getting out in the 90's. So I thought that No.46 was safely in HIS grasp. And as it turned out it surely was. Once HE got to this milestone the time had come to change the gears, the time had come to show the planet that he was IMMORTAL. What followed in the next hour or so left us gasping for breath. HE kept the ball boys busy. The ground seemed smaller than it actually was. No bowler was spared. There's no 'PITY' word in HIS dictionary. It was absolute carnage. HIS pitch map was filling fast. HE reached HIS 150 in no time. For once the bowlers started getting cramps. The mental wounds inflicted by HIM on the bowlers psyche were much deeper than the swollen eye and ruptured web with which they were bowling. HE is a sadist when HE has a bat in hand and bowlers running in to bowl at HIM.


But even after this display the thought of 200 was remote. Once HE crossed 180 mark is when we thought it was achievable. The time was there and the poise with which he was batting I thought we were about to watch something unimaginable even by HIS highest standards. Captain was giving HIM a good company. HE quickly past HIS previous best of 186. The next milestone was 194 - The highest score in ODIs. Without much fuss HE got past that too. Meanwhile the overall score had crossed 350 mark but no one really seemed to care. Because the moment, which we all had been waiting for, was nearing. HE was on 195 in 46th over and we thought it would be a cakewalk for HIM. But the script had its own twists. When the 49th over started HE was batting on 199 but the strike was with the Captain. He would go on and play the entire over hitting 2 sixes and a four and even end up taking a run of the last ball to keep strike. 6 balls 1 run..'Common give the strike to GOD you DOG' I said loudly.As it happened he would get strike only for the third ball and that is what he required -just 1 ball.


The fate was sealed. Atheists were compelled to believe that GOD exists after all and HE is one of us. In the presentation ceremony after the match HE said and i quote 'I would like to dedicate this double hundred to all the people of India who stood with me for the last 20 years.' I proudly say that I am one of the millions of people who stood by HIM through thick and thins of this remarkable voyage. May this journey never end. May the GOD be always with us.

POSTER COURTSEY : GAUTAM KAMAT BAMBOLKAR

10 comments:

  1. Awesome.. Manle baba...
    Similar sort of thing happened to me. In class, 3 continuous lectures. First 2 lectures could not open laptop. 3rd lecture I opened to find Sachin on 96. After his hundred, he started an onslaught and i was just waiting for the lecture to get over and go to the TV room. By that time Sachin had already reached 160. The room was so crowded, people were spilling out of the room. I have seen the TV room at GIM so crowded only twice, and the first time being when Sachin scored 175. Then in the 190's the room was so tense. Nervous comments could be heard here and there. Finally the time came when HE overtook Saeed Anwar. The room went ballistic. And then the wait started for the 200. The last over was like this, first ball Dhoni hits a six, people curse, second ball, hits the ball hard into the covers, people curse till Amla dives and brilliantly saves the boundary. This response for a match being played in India, was unbelievable. And the 3rd ball, well...the reaction was unbelievable. History was made when Sachin reached 200 for the first time in ODI's.

    Anyways I am proud that I was able to watch the match live and watch the greatest spectacle of all time.

    One line says it all

    SACH IS LIFE :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ultimate babaaa....

    The god has once again done it ! Everytime a finger is raised, he makes the world stand up to see his raised bat. And I know, Sachin's raised bat is enormously large as compared to the raised finger of all his critics.

    The world is fortunate... we are fortunate to have born in a time when v see god playing this gentleman's game. I still remember Ravi shastri's comments when he reached 200. "First man on the planet to reach 200, and its the Superman from India..... SACHIN TENDULKAR" I think RS got a bit too modest there!! I am sure he did :):) Just a superman? noo.. he is much more than that !!

    Yes... SACH IS GOD... SACH IS LIFE :)

    Sujay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vaishu, u expressed ur feelings very well. I am also a great fan of Sachin Tendulkar right from his first day of play & irrespective of his ups & downs. I have a great respect for him & salute him for his records over records & wish him all the best in times to come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sach in cricket
    Sach in 2010
    Sach in is god
    Sach in even after 20 years in international cricket
    wish he plays for 20 more years with more records

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely framed bro...samke done..
    i had read it in gnail...pun thay comment ghalpak melna nhay..

    i would say, ur debut in blogging is a block buster..and u too go ahead in blogging as much as HE has in Cricket.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. done baba... very well expressed... I also felt proud ven he said tht 'I would like to dedicate this double hundred to all the people of India who stood with me for the last 20 years.'....
    Power start u hv given to ur blog...kp bloging...
    @ Neelay u too hv brfed vry wel abt excitmnt in GIM... gud One..
    I was in office tht time so m thanking Pranav for giving me comntry on phone.. ven he rechd 180 till 200...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah...agree with kala...he dedicated his 200 to us...
    anyways very nice article n awesome poster...kudos to u two..

    ReplyDelete
  8. No doubt Sach is at the apex of the game..I can watch his 200 innings N no of times widout gettin bored..Nice one bro! keep blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rightly said .....this blog brought tears in my eyes..very proud to say that am an Indian....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well drafted, Vaish !
    Thanks to Sachin, you are destined to be a great Writer.

    ReplyDelete